The objectives of this Association are:
- The encouragement of systematic practice of Danzan Ryu Jujutsu and related arts as taught by Professor H.S. Okazaki and perpetuated by Professors Sig Kufferath and Tony Janovich.
- To establish and maintain by founding, affiliation, or otherwise, schools for the instruction in the art of Danzan Ryu Jujutsu.
- The establishment of a set of standards for qualification as instructor in the arts, and for promotion to the different ranks.
- To promote and improve the physical and mental health and character of its members.
Benefits of Belonging to the Nikko Jujutsu Kai:
Current registration in the Nikko Jujutsu Kai (NJK) is through our associated schools, although this is not a requirement. Registration in the NJK is non-discriminatory. The NJK promotes the Danzan Ryu system of Jujutsu, an effective system of self-defense that incorporates physical and mental training within a philosophy of ethical and moral development. As a registered school of the association, you become part of an organization that provides many benefits.
- Board Certified Instructors
- Black Belt certification and exams
- Seminars and clinics (Black Belt, Brown Belt, and All Dojo)
- Restoration Therapy / Healing Arts Clinics
- Annual NJK Gasshuku and Banquet
- New School Assistance
- On-line resources/reference material (coming soon)
- Available for seminar instruction at your location
Board Certified Instructors
All of our instructors (not including special guest instructors) are certified by our Board and adhere to the associations high level of standards.
Black Belt Rank Testing and Certification
The NJK tests and certifies Danzan Ryu Jujutsu Black Belt ranks. High standards of skill, knowledge, proficiency and ethical conduct are required for an organizationally recognized NJK Danzan Ryu Jujutsu Black Belt rank.
The NJK sponsors many clinics during the year. In-depth classes encourage the exchange of information between NJK schools and their students and cover the broad spectrum of techniques in the Danzan Ryu system. Black Belt and Brown Belt workouts are focused on the upper techniques of the system in preparation of advanced testing. Additionally, focus is placed on emphasizing ‘the little things’ that are at the foundation of our system. All Dojo Workouts are open to all students and cover the areas of Danzan Ryu such as Yawara, Nage Te, Shime Te, Oku Te, self-defense applications, as well as other composite arts.
Gasshuku is our annual training event and banquet. NJK schools, students, special guests and instructors gather for intensive study and fellowship. Gasshuku is a great opportunity to meet and study with the NJK Professor, school heads, and both association and guest instructors.
Restoration Therapy / Healing Arts Clinics
Danzan Ryu Jujutsu founder, Professor Okazaki was well known as a healer and therapist. His Restoration Therapy treatment is the core to the Danzan Ryu Seifukujitsu system. Clinics are open to all NJK schools and their students who desire to learn and gain proficiency in the healing arts. Certification in Basic Restoration Therapy, Kappo (resuscitation/revival arts) and basic first aid is required for instructors grading in the association (Nidan and above).
Annual Membership Dues
Membership for schools runs from July 1 – June 30th for each year. Current dues are $50 per individual school and payable to the association treasurer. Schools with multiple locations, but operating as one, are considered one school for membership pricing.